Need some Help?
Please check below FAQ's for your help...
- Can I charge my SWIPETAB via the USB cable?
Yes, it can be charged with a USB cable
- When I plug the SWIPETAB into my computer, the Windows Hardware installation window asks me to install a driver. What should I do?
Normally, Windows should not do this because it should see the SWIPETAB device as an external hard drive, for example Swipe tab (E :). If you get the Hardware installation window, your device settings may have accidently been modified. Go to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and uncheck that item.
- How long should I charge my battery and how long does it last?
It takes about 2 hours to charge fully and one charge will last for about 4-10 hours (with default system settings) depending on the work mode where you are. In default system settings and full charge mode, it is about 6 hours of eBook reading, 8 hours of music playback, 8 hours of video playback or 6 hours of web browsing. The time will get shortened if your SWIPETAB handles multi tasks at the same time.
- How do I charge my SWIPETAB properly?
The device features a DC-IN port for connecting to power or charging battery. To charge the device, connect your device to any standard wall outlet through the DC-IN port using the AC adaptor.
- I feel that the life of the battery doesn't last its full duration while in operation. Especially if dual (music playing while reading) applications are operated, lasts only for 2 hours. Why?
In full charge and default setting mode, the battery will last for at least 5 hours. Its life will get shorter if you operate multiple applications at the same time or set the system settings manually requiring higher power consumer.
- What is the battery life (years)?
Battery life depends on your using conditions. Generally, your battery can be charged and discharged for about 400 times, and its life gets shorter as it's charged and discharged more often.
- How do I update new firmware?
The SWIPETAB can upgrade firmware automatically on the air. You turn on the Wi-Fi, and go to the settings, select About Device -> System Updates -> Automatic Update, the unit will prompt you to upgrade firmware if it finds new firmware release online.
- How do I download music?
Connect the unit to your computer through the USB cable and then copy music files from your computer to your SWIPETAB.
- How do I download pictures?
Connect your SWIPETAB to your PC. Go to START, and then MY COMPUTER, your SWIPETAB should show up in MY COMPUTER removable drive icons. Simply copy the photo files from your PC to icon representing the SD card and you should be able to view them with photo viewer.
- How do I download videos?
Connect the unit to your computer through the USB cable and then copy video files from your computer to the unit.
- What can I use the SD card slot for?
Memory expansion. You can store files and play the media files stored in the SD card via the card slot with the device. (SD Card is not included)
- I turned on my SWIPETAB and did nothing to it, it goes dark after a few minutes, why?
-Check whether the battery is full. Low battery will cause an automatic shutdown. Charge the battery if necessary.
-Check the Screen Timeout Setting, the device should dark the screen after it stands by for a few minutes to save battery power. Please just press the Power button on the device to activate the screen.
-Go to Setting Sound & Display Screen Time out user can then select.
- Can I delete the books that come with the SWIPETAB?
Yes, you can. Just delete it as you do to a normal eBook if necessary.
- Why does my screen seem dim?
Try to adjust the brightness of the screen. Go to "Settings" -->"Sound & Display"-->"Brightness" to set the brightness.
- Is the screen readable in direct sunlight?
Yes, but not easy to view in direct sunlight since this is LCD display if compare with E-ink Display (paper type black and white) e-reader.
- Can I change the language on the screen?
Yes, you can. Go to the Settings, choose "Language and Inputs" and then select your desired language.
- How do I change the timer setting?
Go to Setting >Display >Screen Time out user can then select.
- I am unable to access certain websites. Why is this happening?
Check the following points: - Whether the local network has restricted access to certain websites
- Whether the network speed is too slow
- Whether you are prohibited to access the target server.
- Can I copy and paste on the SWIPETAB?
Yes, you can.
- Launch the Explore
- Hold your finger on the file list until a menu pops up - Tap "Copy" on the menu
- Navigate to the destination
- Select the Editor icon from the toolbar and then choose Paste.
- When I type, it clicks onto the letter above why is that?
Since the letters on the touch panel are too small, you are reminded to tap on the letter precisely or switch the screen to landscape orientation to get bigger letters.
- I cannot view certain symbols when typing, how can I find them on my key board?
You can tap the Number key (icon) or Caps lock (icon) key to display other symbols that you don't see.
- How do I reset my SWIPETAB?
You can reset the unit by going into Setting > backup and reset
- How do I set the time?
Go to Settings > Date &Time and then type the time.
- How do I set my city for the weather to show?
In the Home Screen, tap the city name to display the city selection screen. Locate the city by selecting the state where the city is and then select the city. Or, input the city name directly. You can change the temperature unit to Celsius or Fahrenheit by tapping on the temperature.
- What kind of pictures can I view on my SWIPETAB?
SWIPETAB supports BMP, JPG, GIF, animated GIF, PNG picture formats.
- Do I have to charge the battery before use?
It is best to charge the battery fully for about 12 hours before you use the device for the first time.
- Which media cards are compatible?
SD card is compatible with the unit.
- Is there a built in dictionary?
No, there is no built-in dictionary in your SWIPETAB.
- Can I change browser settings?
Yes, you can change the settings by tapping the MENU icon on a webpage and then selecting more to display more browser setting.
- How do I connect my SWIPETAB with my computer?
- Connect the unit to your computer through the USB cable ( supplied) - Drag from the top bar downwards to display the USB notification message - Choose USB Connected and then tap Turn on USB storage to connect the device to computer.
- Do I need to install a anti-virus software on my SWIPETAB?
It's not necessary because the device has a low chance of being invaded by virus.
- Can my SWIPETAB get a virus?
Maybe, but the chance is very low. We don't protect/warrant any illegal 3rd party apps downloaded from the web.
- What type of antivirus does the SWIPETAB come preloaded with? If not then how can a customer be sure the device won't get any virus?
SWIPETAB uses Google android operating system which does not include antivirus. Users are advised to use Border apps and apps store which are preloaded on the device since it's a guaranteed safety site. Users are advised to make efforts to reduce the risk of getting virus by not downloading files or applications with virus and accessing formal, legal or safe websites.
- Can I reset to factory settings if my unit crashes?
Yes, you can insert a pin into the Reset button at the back of the unit to reset the device.
- How do I add photo files to?
Connect your SWIPETAB to your PC. Go to START, and then MY COMPUTER, your SWIPETAB should show up in MY COMPUTER as a removable drive icons. Simply copy the photo files from your PC to the devices internal memory or SD card (not included).
- Does the SWIPETAB have a QWERTY keyboard?
Yes, it has. Tapping on any text input field can activate a virtual keyboard.
- Do I need to install a driver to connect to the computer?
There is no need to install any driver for OS Windows 98 or above.
- Does the unit come with Stylus?
No. The SWIPETAB has capacitive screen which is easily touched and responds quickly. Stylus is not required.
- Can I replace my battery? What is the type?
Do not replace the battery personally without any permission from the technical personnel. To replace the battery, consult our technical personnel and follow their instructions.
- Can I buy accessories for my SWIPETAB?
It is best to use the accessories provided with the SWIPETAB. Purchased accessories from after market may be incompatible with your SWIPETAB, which may cause errors or damages. For replacement parts, please contact technical support team or check online.
- Will you have dc adaptors available for purchase?
You'd better use the accessories provided with the unit. Purchased accessories from the market may be incompatible with your SWIPETAB, which may cause errors or damages.
- What is the internal memory capacity?
The unit has 8GB of internal memory capacity.
- My city did not automatically come up, why?
Your city may not be the default city by the unit. You can make your city appear by tapping the city name in the Home Screen and them choosing your city.
- How many email accounts can you set up?
Number of email accounts is not limited by the device.
- Can user view attachment on the email they set up on the SWIPETAB?
No. User will not be able to view attachment. Only be able to view text .
- What type of email accounts can I set up?
POP3, IMAP and Exchange email account can be set up on the unit. For email account setup, user may need to consult with service provider for more details about incoming server, port, outgoing server, port etc. You can search for this information on the Internet. For detail information on how to set up the email account, please refer to the User Manual.
- How do I delete a file?
Enter the file explorer mode by choosing Explorer icon from the Application Tab. In the explorer, hold your finger on the file that you want delete until a menu pops up. Select "Delete" from the prompted menu.
- Can I read and open Microsoft Office documents?
Yes, the SWIPETAB has a built-in Office Suite application, with which you can read and open Microsoft Office documents.
- What is the global time app?
The Global Time application is only used to see the day or night state globally. Slide your finger on the Earth to turn it round, and then you can see the day or night in every corner in the world.
- Can I open office documents on emails?
No, you can't. But you can download the Office document to the local memory and open it with the preloaded application - Office Suite.
- Can I connect my SWIPETAB to external speakers?
Yes, you can connect the device to external speakers through audio cable.
- I see a RED DOT on the Status bar (Next to the Home Icon) why is that?
The RED DOT lets the users know there are too many notifications on the status bar, which may not have enough space to show history. You will need to clear the status by press clear history
- Can I set up the Alarm Time manually?
Yes, you can set the alarm time in the Applications > Clock.
- Does the SWIPETAB have speech features that will read the book to you?
No, this unit does not have this feature.
- Can the SWIPETAB play an Audio Book?
Yes, only if the audio book is in a compatible MP3 format supported by the device. In order to play an Audio book, is it necessary to first download to an SD card from the computer. It's not necessary; you can just download the Audio Book to the device's internal memory. Make sure the Audio Book is in a compatible MP3 format with the device.
- If an Audio book can be played, can it also be viewed while playing?
No, it cannot be viewed while playing since the playable Audio Books is only an audio file in MP3 format.
- Is there a backlight for nighttime reading?
Yes, the SWIPETAB uses a LCD display which has backlight. In comparison, the Eink paper e-reader like Amazon Kindle, Sony does not have backlight.
- Can you read books in other languages?
Yes, make sure your EBook is in a supported language by the device.
- Can you change Google homepage?
Yes, you can. Open the Browser, and go to the Menu --> More --> Settings--> set home page to set the Home Page.
- When on internet browser, it forecloses, my signal is good why does this happen?
That may caused by busy processes in the SWIPETAB. Try to restart the device and retry.
- On the device, when a customer has downloaded a picture on the internal memory, how can we transfer it into a SD card?
You can transfer the picture file from the internal memory to SD card by copying or moving it. Enter the File Explorer mode? Navigate to the picture file --> hold your finger on the picture file until a menu option appears --> select Copy or Move? Navigate to the target destination under the SD card directory-->tap the Editor menu on the explorers top bar-->select Paste to paste the file to your SD card.
- I tried to download some music to my SWIPETAB but it would not let me because it said that my flash was busy. How do I get it to download?
If you download music from the Internet directly to your device, please make sure your device is not connected to your computer, since you cannot connect the device to computer while downloading music. Otherwise, the system may indicate your flash is busy.
- Does it have to be powered on to charge?
It's not necessary to power on the unit before charging. The device will power on automatically once the power adapter is connected.
- Can I download books directly to my SD card on SWIPETAB?
No, you can't. To read e-books from the SD card, you first need to transfer e-books from PC to the SD card.
- How can I upload and play music?
You cannot upload music via Internet. But you can download music files from computer through the USB cable and then tap the Music icon in the Home Screen to enter the music mode. Tap a track to start playing.
- How can I play a video?
In the Home Screen, tap the Video Player to enter the video mode. Tap a video file to start playing.
- How can I play music ?
Tap the Music icon in the Home Screen to enter the music mode. Tap a track to start playing.
- Can I view individual photos as well as slideshows?
Yes, you can view photos individually or in slideshow by clicking anywhere in the screen to display a toolbar, and then selecting Slideshow to start an automatic slideshow.
- Can I set preferences for how my slideshow displays?
No, there are no preferences for slideshow, the time interval between slides or transition effects cannot be customized.
- How do I add photo files?
Download photo files from computer through the USB cable
- When I play an online video, it shows Loading all the time and the buttons don't work, what's the matter?
Please check your Wi-Fi connection to see its status. Make sure the Wi-Fi connection is available. If not, try to connect the Wi-Fi network once again
- Can I download music apps like Pandora, iradio on my SWIPETAB?
Yes, you can.
- If I want to view a movie on my SWIPETAB what formats can I view?
Supported format: AVI, 3GP, MP4, RM, RMVB, FLV, MKV, MOV, VOB, DAT, WMV.
- Can I create a separate list of my favorite songs?
Yes, you can.
- In the Music Library, choose a track and hold your finger on the track until a menu pops up.
- Select "Add to Playlist" from the menu
- Tap the Playlist icon to view the playlist.
- I tried to download some music to my SWIPETAB but it would not let me because it said that my flash was busy. How do I get it to download?
If you download music from the Internet directly to your device, please make sure your device is not connected to your computer, since you cannot connect the device to computer while downloading music. Otherwise, the system may indicate your flash is busy
- How can you fix the sound on a unit if all of the settings are set to have sound? On both the settings and under the music tab?
You can fix the sound in Settings --> "Sound"--> "Volume".
- Can I download and watch movies on the SWIPETAB, without using a computer?
You can download movies from Internet to the SWIPETAB directly with a 3rd party video download application installed.
- Why it takes long time to load the apps library?
First make sure you connected with Wi-Fi. Normally, it takes a while (around 1 minute) to update the apps store.
- Why it says “install blocked”?
For Security, your SWIPETAB is to block installation of applications not sourced in Android Market due to Android Operating System Security Reason; this is a disclaimer to inform user that some of the application might not be compatible. User needs to tap “Settings”, check the box “Unknown source" to allow download, and press "OK" to confirm. Go back and continue with installation. It will only ask you for the first time and you do not have to redo again.
- Why is the application I downloaded not working?
Not all applications can run in the device due to the system and hardware incompatibility, which is normal.
- What types of Apps can I download onto my SWIPETAB?
Apps in APK format can be downloaded to the unit. But not all apps can run properly in the unit due to system or hardware incompatibility.
- How do I delete apps that I have already downloaded on my SWIPETAB directly?
Tap Settings --> application --> manage applications, and then choose the application that you want to delete. Tap UNINSTALL to delete it.
- Does the SWIPETAB have an Android Market Place (App. Store)?
Yes it does. Google Play Store.
- Why does an error populate when I download an app?
The application file or the network has errors. You may want to delete the file and reinstall.
- Can you download Skype?
Yes, you can download if the app is available in the Google Play Android Market
- Can I download apps to my computer and transfer to the ebook?
Since this is android platform which is open platform, user can also try to find some applications on internet and install into the device but we will not guarantee anything such as virus attack, safety, compatibility issues. They all are user responsibility.
- I downloaded Angry Birds and it says insufficient space? What does that mean?
Upgrade the firmware to the latest version and try again.
- Can I download official MySpace or Facebook app?
Yes, you can if you can find it in Google Play Store
- I accidently deleted the Google Play Store , what should I do?
You can reinstall Google Play Store on you Swipe tab with the link on Google.